Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in trip price?
- Trip prices include all taxes and fees, including booking fee. (Complete price including HST is in brackets on price line of trip pages)
- All accommodation during tour
- Most meals during tour, as per tour details
- Snacks and drinks during your ride
- Van support during your ride
- Baggage transfer in between accommodations
- Entrance fees to “extras” mentioned in trip description including boat cruises, etc.
- Provincial park fees, if encountered during your trip
- Services of talented and professional guides
- Routine roadside bicycle maintenance during your trip (replacement parts and major repairs excluded)
- Humdinger Bicycle Tours swag, as per trip description
- Not included in trip price: Gratuities for trip guides, airfare and transportation to and from your tour, alcohol, personal expenses, any bike parts required for maintenance. Note that trip price is broken out into base price and full price including HST. The full price including HST is in brackets within the trip price line.
How long/far will we ride each day? Do I have to participate in the entire distance?
On our Georgian Bay-Muskoka trips, we aim for 60-80km per day, and the Pedal, Pints and Pub tour rides are around 20-30 km per day. Each individual tour description has more precise details about daily distances. At any time in the tour you may take advantage of the van support and get a lift if you need a break.
Is there road support? How many guides are on each tour?
Yes, there will be van support for every tour. This will include snacks, drinks, mechanical assistance, and a lift for participants who need a break from riding. Usually there will be one tour guide on the road cycling with you and one tour guide in the van for support and assistance.
What happens if there is bad weather?
The tours go on rain or shine. Our guides may adjust the timing or route of the daily ride to accommodate weather or other conditions. In rare circumstances a daily ride may be cancelled based on the guide's judgement.
How many people will be in each tour group?
Tours will typically have a range of 6-12 cyclists. However, if you want a custom tour with fewer or more cyclists, this can be arranged.
Is it necessary to bring my own bike or will I be able to rent one?
Rentals occur through an experienced partner. Although the bicycles available for rental will be excellent quality, we are aware that the most comfortable option for many cyclists may be to have their own bicycle. You are most welcome to bring your own equipment; rentals are available for riders who may choose not to bring their own bikes.
What equipment is necessary?
All of our packaged tours are designed for road bikes, so a road bike in good working order is necessary for the trip. You can bring or rent one. Click here for a list of suggested gear.
Do I have to be an intermediate or expert cyclist to partake in the tours?
As our Georgian Bay-Muskoka tours typically range from 60-80km per day, up to 6 days in a row, these tours are designed for experienced cyclists who are in good physical condition. If you are experienced but feel wary about the daily distances, don’t forget that there is always van support during the tours, including rides for cyclists who may not be able to complete a ride. If you are a novice, you may want to consider the Pedal for Pints tour, or a custom tour.
What if I want to bring a non-cyclist with me on the tour?
This is possible! If you are interested in this, please contact us so that we can discuss details on how this will work. There may be a surcharge depending on what activities the non-cyclist wants to do.
How fast will we be riding each day?
These tours are not necessarily designed for speed. Although certain members of the group - depending on who is riding – may decide they want to ride fast, others may want to ride at a more moderate rate. Our guides are experienced in providing support to a range of different levels of riders. We will aim for an average speed of about 25km/h with breaks about every hour, but this may end up being slower or faster depending on the group.
Is there a minimum age to take part in a tour?
You must be at least 18 to participate in a tour.
Booking and Payment Policy
Bookings occur through our booking partner. To confirm your booking you are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the full trip price. Your balance must be paid by 60 days ahead of the trip start date. Please note that failure to pay your balance on or before the due date may result in trip cancellation.
- Once we have received your request, our booking partner will contact you with an invoice and payment details.
A cancellation must be written and emailed to email@example.com
- Please note that deposits paid are non-refundable, and will be retained by Humdinger Bicycle Tours should you cancel the trip.
- For cancellations made less than 30-0 days from your tour start date, you must pay 50% of the cost of the trip.
- We strongly advise you to take out insurance to guard against unforeseen circumstances that may lead to your trip cancellation. Our booking partner can provide you with further information about this.
Changes or Cancellation by Us
We reserve the right to cancel the tour. The most likely reason for cancelling the tour is that the minimum number of guests required has not been reached. If we cancel the tour, you will receive a full refund.