Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in tour price?
- Tour prices include all taxes and fees, including booking fee for the multi-day tours . (Complete price including HST is in brackets on price line of tour pages)
- For multi-day tours, all accommodation
- Most meals during tour, as per tour details
- Snacks and drinks during your ride
- Vehicle support during your ride
- Baggage transfer in between accommodations for multi-day tours
- Entrance fees to “extras” mentioned in tour description including boat cruises, etc.
- Provincial park fees, if encountered during your trip
- Services of talented and professional guides
- Routine roadside bicycle maintenance during your tour (replacement parts and major repairs excluded)
- Not included in trip price: Gratuities for trip guides, airfare and transportation to and from the tour departure, alcohol (except where described as included at beer tastings and on some day tours), personal expenses, any bike parts required for maintenance. Note that tour price is broken out into base price and full price including HST. The full price including HST is in brackets within the trip price line.
How long/far will we ride each day? Do I have to participate in the entire distance?
On our Georgian Bay-Muskoka and Hills of Huntsville & Haliburton tours, we aim for 50-80km per day, with occasional longer days, and the Pedal, Pints and Pub tour rides are ~ 25-30 km per day. Each individual tour description has more precise details about daily distances. At any time in the tour you may take advantage of the support vehicle and get a lift if you need a break.
Is there road support? How many guides are on each tour?
Yes, there will be vehicle support for every multi-day tour. This will include snacks, drinks, basic mechanical assistance, and a lift for participants who need a break from riding. On multi day trips there will usually be one tour guide on the road cycling with you and one tour guide in the vehicle for support and assistance. On single day sightseeing trips, the guide cycles with the group.
What happens if there is bad weather?
The tours go on rain or shine. Our guides may adjust the timing or route of the daily ride to accommodate weather or other conditions. In rare circumstances a ride may be cancelled based on the guide's judgement. If a single day tour is cancelled by Humdinger due to weather, participants will be offered a new date or a refund.
How many people will be in each tour group?
Multi-day tours will typically have a range of 4-12 cyclists. If you want a custom tour with fewer or more cyclists, this can be arranged.
Is it necessary to bring my own bike or will I be able to rent one?
Rentals occur through our bike shop partners. Although the bicycles available for rental will be excellent quality, we are aware that the most comfortable option for many cyclists may be to have their own bicycle. You are most welcome to bring your own equipment; rentals are available for riders who may choose not to bring their own bikes. E-bike rentals are also available.
What equipment is necessary?
All of our packaged tours are designed for road bikes, so a road bike in good working order is best for the tour. You can bring or rent one. For the Pedal, Pints & Pubs Tours, a straight-bar hybrid with road tires is a reasonable compromise. On the sightseeing day tours, almost any bike in good working order is acceptable. E-bikes are generally welcome on all tours - please contact us to discuss. Click here for a list of suggested gear.
What skill and fitness level do I need for the tours?
Our Pedal, Pints, and Pubs tours are designed for novices, as are our sightseeing day tours . All others are for intermediate/advanced cyclists. As our 5 and 6 day tours typically range from 50-80km per day, up to 6 days in a row, these tours are designed for experienced cyclists who are in good physical condition. If you are experienced but feel wary about the daily distances, don’t forget that there is always vehicle support during the tours, including rides for cyclists who may not be able to complete a ride. If you are a novice, you may want to consider the Pedal, Pints, and Pubs tour, or a custom tour.
What if I want to bring a non-cyclist with me on the tour?
This is possible! If you are interested in this, please contact us so that we can discuss details on how this will work. There may be a surcharge depending on what activities the non-cyclist wants to do.
How fast will we be riding each day?
These tours are not necessarily designed for speed. Although certain members of the group - depending on who is riding – may decide they want to ride fast, others may want to ride at a more moderate rate. Our guides are experienced in providing support to a range of different levels of riders. We will aim for an average speed of about 25km/h with breaks about once every 60-90 minutes, but this may end up being slower or faster depending on the group. If numbers allow, we will arrange a group riding in the 25-30km/hr range and a group riding in the 20-25km/hr range. Guests riding less than 20km/hr on our 5 and 6 day tours may be required to cut their rides short to maintain the itinerary.
Is there a minimum age to take part in a tour?
You must be at least 18 to participate in the multi-day tours. Children aged 12 and over are welcome on our sightseeing day tours.
Booking and Payment Policy
Multi Day Tours
All multi-day tour bookings occur through our booking partner, OK Cycle and Adventure Tours. To confirm your booking you are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the full trip price. Your balance must be paid by 60 days ahead of the trip start date. Please note that failure to pay your balance on or before the due date may result in trip cancellation.
- Our booking partner will contact you with an invoice and payment details.
- A cancellation must be written and emailed to katherine[at]okcycletours.com
- Please note that deposits paid are non-refundable, and will be retained should you cancel the tour.
- For cancellations made less than 30-0 days from your tour start date, you must pay 50% of the cost of the trip.
- We strongly advise you to take out insurance to guard against unforeseen circumstances that may lead to your trip cancellation. Our booking partner will provide you with further information about this.
Single Day Tours
All single day tours must be paid in full at the time of booking. The fee is non-refundable. In the event that a day tour is canceled by us due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, registrants will be offered a full refund, registration on a rescheduled date, or the opportunity to register for a different day tour.
Changes or Cancellation by Us
We reserve the right to cancel either single day or multi day tours. The most likely reason for cancelling the tour is that the minimum number of guests required has not been reached. If we cancel the tour, you will receive a full refund.